Your Shopping Cart is Empty
Urinary incontinence isn't a problem that's solely reserved for women. In fact, many men suffer from the condition at one point or another during their lives. If you're one of them, the first thing you need to know is that you're not alone - and that there's no shame in having this problem. Secondly, you need to pinpoint a solution that will make managing your incontinence easier; in turn, you'll feel more confident and less distressed about the issue. There are several incontinence products available for men; a few of the most popular ones are outlined below.
Adult Diapers or Pads - As reluctant as you may be to use them, adult diapers and pads can be enormously helpful when it comes to male incontinence. They can catch leaks and shield odours. As a result, you can go about your day feeling confident and unembarrassed. Several types are available; depending on the severity of your condition, one of these may be right for you:
- Pads - In lieu of a full-fledged diaper, a pad is a great option. They aren't bulky at all, and are very discreet.
- Drip Collector - This padded sheath is absorbent and fits snugly around the penis. It simply works to keep leaks from getting onto underwear and other clothing. It is comfortable and unobtrusive.
- Absorbent Underwear - Absorbent underwear are available in disposable and washable varieties. Many men find them to be comfortable and easy to use.
- Guards - Another form of adult pad, guards work as their name suggests: They guard against accidents, keeping you protected, dry and clean.
Other Options - There are several other options when it comes to controlling incontinence in men. A few of them include:
- Underpads - Underpads are large, absorbent pads that can be placed just about anywhere. They are used to add an extra layer of protection for furniture and other surfaces. For example, one can be placed on a favourite chair.
- Toilet Substitutes - Men who have difficulty making it to the restroom on time often find toilet substitutes to be most helpful. Plastic urinals and other portable products can come in handy and help reduce the stress of trying to rush to the nearest toilet.
- Penile Clamps - As wince-inducing as the name may be, penile clamps are actually very effective tools for men who experience occasional leaks due to incontinence. They are wrapped in foam and clamp on to the penis, temporarily closing the urethra.
If you've been struggling with male incontinence, it's important to keep in mind that there are many ways to manage it. Try out different incontinence products to find the solution, or combination, that's right for you.